Is your mobilehome or manufatcured home properly registered with the state? If you don’t know, or don’t want to know because you’re worried about owing back fees and taxes, the state says you’re not alone. Many people aren’t even aware that some types of mobile and manufactured homes have to be registered with the state.

Properly registering your mobile or manufactured home is necessary if you ever hope to transfer the title, leave it to a loved one, apply for fire or flood insurance, obtain permits for upgrades, or prove ownership to a landlord or park manager. That’s why the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development is offering a fee and tax waiver program for owners of mobile and manufactured homes who aren’t registered and might owe back fees and taxes.

The HCD can walk you through the process. Go to or call 1-800-952-8356 during regular business hours.

2 thoughts on “State offering back fees and tax waivers for mobilehome owners

  1. My question is my husband left me 7 yrs and i don’t know where too located him but his name is the primary on the title what can i do or what documents i need for me to be the primary

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *